Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Review: Black Tusk - Set The Dial


I was at a bit of a loss for albums this week, so I went hunting around and found the new album by Savannah, GA’s Black Tusk. After my previous comments on sludge metal, I was assuming this was going to be a very repetitive review of my previous article. What I got listening to this album was an up-tempo and very enjoyable CD. The 3-piece really rips out a good power trio structure for the songs. It reminds me of a more classic rock style mixed with the new sludge metal. The vocals are screamed or spoken, but the music is twangy at times, then punchy and driving at others. I can appreciate the solid drumming used on this album because it really holds everything together. Maybe I was too quick to place my judgment on sludge metal; this album may be something you want to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment