Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Review: Maylene and the Sons of Disaster - IV


While I’ve heard of this band for a long time, I can’t say I ever listened to anything by them. That being said, this album IV is a pretty interesting one. Reading online the bands they have been touring with, I’m not sure this new outing would work so well however. This album is a mix of Southern-twinged rock and progressive stylings. The vocals go from twangy on some tracks to soulful and mellow on others. The music is solid throughout, bringing to mind similarities to a band like The Black Crowes, then changing it up to sound more like Injected. Overall a very interesting listen and not at all what I was expecting.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.musicsplit.com/17141-maylene-and-the-sons-of-disaster-iv-2011.html

    ReplyDelete