Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Review: Rwake - Rest


I decided to check out another band I’ve never listened to, but seem to always see their name. I mean, a name like Rwake grabs your attention, or at least mine. Hailing from Little Rock, AR, this sludge metal outfit has been at it since 1996. After a 4 year wait, Rwake returns with the new album Rest. As I listen to this album, it reminds me of why I don’t ever listen to sludge metal. I can’t deny that the music is good. Many of the songs I like on this album, but as the term sludge implies, they are just a slow tempo. It’s like listening to a vinyl on a slower speed. The vocals are a mix of talking and screaming. The lyrics are decent, but I’m not a fan of the delivery. If you are a fan of sludge metal, you will really enjoy this album. I’m going to move on to something a little faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment